Sunday 18 March 2012

Bad blogger

March seems to be a bad blog-writing month for me.  In March 2011 I only wrote three blog posts - somewhat disappointing after my much more productive February.  Now, in March 2012, I have so far written only one blog post - once more rather crap in comparison to the, yep you guessed it, much more productive February.

I would like to blame something like seasonal change or bad planet alignments or something equally nonsensical for this lack-of-blogness but I doubt there's actually any reason for it.  It isn't like I've been so manically busy that I haven't had time.  I'm sure I could have found a few minutes at some point this month when I wasn't swearing furiously at malfunctioning lovefilm DVDs (that activity seeming to have taken up a good portion of March).

On the writing front I do have some things to report.  I managed to produce a chunk of my fantasy trilogy for my brother's birthday, which I enjoyed writing even if I'm fairly sure a lot of it is just waffly nonsense.  I also spent much of this weekend working on my submission and synopsis for the Good Housekeeping competition.  So my lack of blogging thankfully does not equal a complete lack of writing.

I also read Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, the second in the Hunger Games trilogy.  I've yet to decide whether to review that one because I'm not sure I can without having to spoil book one and I'd hate to do that to anyone who wants to read it.  And they should.  I seem to have accidentally persuaded a few people to read it so I figured I might as well encourage people on purpose now.

Here's hoping that I'll be able to write a couple more posts this month, regardless of whether they're just my general rantings or reviews.  I'm also hoping that the month trend isn't an actual thing - I only wrote one measly post for the whole of April 2011.  Ouch.

2 comments:

  1. Well done for getting your submission together for GH! That should be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and thanks so much for your help!

      Delete