Wednesday 8 May 2013

Odds and Ends

I'm still in that 'odds and ends' stage, and it's starting to get annoying.  I've no-one to blame but myself, obviously - unless you count the sunshine which had the audacity to appear in all its wondrous glory on a bank holiday weekend, of all times.  Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.

But because of said wondrous sunshine it felt like such a waste to spend all of the Monday in front of my computer, and Monday was the only free day I had of what became a very busy weekend.  I did manage to squint determinedly at the family laptop for about an hour in the morning while seated at the garden table though.  I typed up what I'd handwritten during my breaks at work, filling in a couple of gaps in chapters 48 and 49, as well as the first five-hundred words of the final chapter, 51.

The problem, I suppose, lies in the fact that I do most of my writing during these breaks and it's only ever in my notebooks.  What I need is a good few solid hours in front of my computer so that I can finally nail these last five chapters down.

And by 'nail them down' I mean finish the first draft.  I am so far away from them actually being finished finished.

They say that the rain, cold and cloud is set to make its dreary return for the rest of the week, and it certainly looks that way outside my window this morning.  I'll have to look for those silver linings and try not to miss the sun too much if it means I can complete this damn draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment