Sunday 2 March 2014

Term Time vs. Holiday Time

My plans for the half-term went pretty well.  Although not up to the 10k-a-day writing extravaganza described in my last blog post (for which I should probably be thankful, quality-wise), I did manage to produce four and half chapters over the week, coming it at a little over nine thousand words total.

Considering a good week is normally when I manage to complete one chapter, I do feel like I achieved something.

Compare it to this past week, now back at work.  I've just managed to complete Chapter 15.  Yes, back to just the one chapter.  *sigh*  It's a bit of a talky chapter too, so it might have to be heavily edited once I read it in the context of the whole novel but for now, I'm just trying to get the story down.

It was good - if slightly exhausting - to write so much during the half-term week.  Now that I've returned to work, and my output has shrunk back down to only a few hundred words a day, I'm really missing that sense of accomplishment which came with completing a chapter within a day or two.

Is it bad that I'm already counting down to the Easter holidays?  Five weeks to go...

2 comments:

  1. Well done for 9k words! And you've got longer at Easter... I'm interested in how you round up the series, as I'm having some difficulty doing that myself at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the ending is going to be such a challenge! I did make a list the other day of everyone I was going to off... still thinking maybe I should add more though!

      Delete