Sunday 29 January 2012

And I thought last week was bad...

... In terms of writing, that is.  The week in general hasn't been too bad.  There was naturally some stressing over the new job (because I'm me and that's what I do) but on the whole I think it's been okay.

My writing, on the other hand, has just been... ugh.  There aren't even proper words to describe it.  Just sounds.  Ugh.  Ick.  Blurgh.

After my poor attempt at the Chapter 1 re-write for Hide and See last week, I started on Chapter 2.  Then I realised how shite both this and Chapter 1 were and ground to a halt.  During my Thursday lunch break I came to the conclusion that it really is too crap to salvage and resolved to start again.

And that's as far as I got.

I could now go off on a whinge about how it's all my new job's fault, changed routine, needing to get used to it, blah blah blah, but frankly that sounds dull even to me so anyone else unfortunate enough to be reading this would surely fall asleep and head-butt their keyboard.  And that would probably hurt.

So instead, I'm probably going to leave off here because everything I write just sounds like utter bollocks.  Seriously.  I write a couple of paragraphs, realise how much of an idiot I sound, then delete it.  And repeat.  I'm going to be here forever if I keep doing that.

One point I will keep from previously-deleted ramblings though is to say that I might start writing book reviews.  Methinks 'twould be a useful skill.  So read/avoid like the plague as you like, should I ever get round to doing anything other than playing too many 'Words with Friends' games on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment