Thursday 9 February 2012

One year!

One year ago today I wrote my first blog post for The Orchard Walls.

Given how astonished I am that I've managed to keep it going for so long, I figured I ought to do some sort of post - however short - to commemorate the fact.

I started this blog because of the need for authors to have a 'presence' on the internet (presumably besides drunk photos of themselves on facebook, and I don't even have those) so here am I, trying to do that, in the hopes that one day it might help to convince an agent/publisher to take a little notice of me.

From a more creative point of view, I think it sometimes helps me to a take a step back from my work and realise where it is I'm going wrong.  At other times, it's there purely to let me rant.  Which is nice.

Thank you to my lovely readers, followers and commenters - if not for you, I'd just be a crazy person talking to herself.  With you, I'm a crazy person talking to other people.  I do hope you continue to read and that I don't drive you away with my mindless ramblings.

*party popper*

No comments:

Post a Comment