Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013

The New Year is here!

I've seen people on facebook, blogs and the like reflecting on 2012 and I found myself wondering what I think of the year gone by.  It had felt a little stagnated, I guess, though I'm not sure I could explain why.  Perhaps I just haven't made as much progress as I would have liked.

That's where all the Resolutions come in, I suppose.  And one of my major ones this year is regarding agents.  I hereby pledge that I will write some letters, preferably soon, to beg for an agent.  And I am perfectly aware that I've been saying this for a while but perhaps with the weight of the New Year business behind it, it might actually work.

My problem is that I never seem to do anything without putting considerable thought behind it first.  I don't know why this is or whether it's a good thing.  But it is what it is and, once I get over the stage of over-analysing the idea of writing to agents, I will hopefully get on and actually do it!

I managed to keep writing over the holiday period, although the output did drop significantly during the few days either side of Christmas.  I did keep to my don't-break-the-chain method, even doing a little bit on Christmas day itself, in between too much turkey and lots of lovely presents (Books!  Lots of books!)

I'm currently on Chapter 33.  We're now approaching the climax of the story and I'm anxious to keep the pace up.  I guess I'll only know that when I finally finish this draft.  Here's to a productive 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment