Monday 28 January 2013

John Green, London and Lizzie Bennet

I had quite a productive weekend, yesterday in particular.  I managed to complete chapters 38 and 39 which up until then had been fragmented and missing considerable chunks because of the way I write bits and pieces by hand during the week and transfer them when I get home.

But I don't want to talk about that.  I want to talk about next weekend.  I'm going to London to see John Green in his The Fault in Our Stars book tour and I'M SO EXCITED!!!

John and his brother Hank (who together make up the vlogbrothers, about whom I must have squealed before) are performing (if that's the right word) at several locations around Britain, officially to celebrate the anniversary of the release of TFiOS but more as a gathering for their fans overall.  'Nerdfighters' is the term but that's a whole other story.

And while I travel up to London on Saturday, my younger brother will be travelling down from York, making an exciting trip even more awesome!  He will meet me at Waterloo Station because, even though he's my ickle baby brother (eighteen years old and six-foot-three) I can't get around London on my own and he can.  Cities confuse me and London is just a baffling web of lines, buses, trains and people that I just can't get my head around.  Poor little Bumpkin Bouf.

I reviewed The Fault in Our Stars a while ago (here) and I find that every time I read it, I love it even more.  It's one of those books that I can just pick up, turn to a random page and enjoy.  It isn't a genre I would normally read and I wouldn't know the first thing about trying to write it, and yet it stays with me long after I've turned the last page.  Every time I find something new to admire.  There is something so deep about it and I wish I could produce that myself.

On a complete different subject, I'm going to end by wishing Pride and Prejudice a very happy 200th birthday.  You aren't my favourite Jane Austen book but you are bloody marvellous and I'm heartily enjoying getting over-excited about your current web-series adaptation (The Lizzie Bennet Diaries).  Hip hip hurray!  *Party Popper*

No comments:

Post a Comment